UPSC NDA 2 exam 2020 online application form submission process will start today along with the notification release. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will release the notification for Nation Defence Academy (NDA) 2 examination 2020 on June 16 and the registration will commence online thereafter. NDA 2 2020 exam date is notified as September 6, 2020. The notification was initially set to release on June 10 but was delayed. The last date to fill NDA 2 application form was June 30 but the new dates will be updated as per the revised notification on June 16. Read below to find more information on UPSC NDA & NA 2 2020 exam including important dates, eligibility criteria, written exam details and application procedure.
The application process for NDA 2 exam is completely online. The notification and application form will be available on upsc.gov.in starting June 16.
What is UPSC NDA & NA Examination 2 2020
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) organizes National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) Examination twice each year. The national-level exam is conducted for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force Wings of the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy under 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme.
The qualified candidates of UPSC NDA & NA 2 2020 exam will be given admission to 146th Course of NDA and 108th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing from 2nd July 2021. Around 400 vacancies in these courses of National Defence Academy and Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme) will be filled through NDA & NA 2 2020 exam. The registrations for recruitment to Indian Air Force through AFCAT exam have already begun.
Information at a glance
|Name of Examination||NDA & NA Exam (II) 2020|
|Authority||Union Public Service Commission|
|Notification Release Date||16 June 2020|
|Last date of Application||30 June 2020 (to be updated)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Portal for Online Application||www.upsconline.nic.in|
Minimum educational qualification:
- For Army Wing of NDA – Candidates must have passed Class 12 or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy – Candidate must have passed Class 12 or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- Candidates who are appearing in 12th Class exam can also apply for the exam.
Since the NDA 2 application form filling process is completely online, the candidates will have to complete their registration at www.upsconline.nic.in. Once the link of NDA application form is active, the candidates can apply for the exam. The applicants can check detailed instructions for filling up NDA 2 online application in the official notification. The application form filling process can be summarized in following steps:
- Submission of details in NDA 2 Application form can be done in two stages – Part 1 and Part 2.
- After filling the details asked in the form, pay requisite application fee.
- The applicants will have to provide details of a valid photo ID. This photo ID is to be used during all examination related activities.
- Last step is to upload scanned copies of photograph and signature. The candidates can check specific instructions for this step from the official website.
Exam Pattern & Marking Scheme:
UPSC NDA exam is conducted as a pen-paper based exam wherein the candidates have to mark answers on OMR answer sheet.
- The exam will consist of two papers each of 150 minutes duration.
- Paper 1 will be of 300 marks and the questions will be from Mathematics subject.
- Paper 2 (General Ability Test) will consist questions of 200 marks on English and 400 marks on General Knowledge.
- The candidates scoring minimum qualifying marks in the written exam will be included in the merit list and they will be called for SSB interview.
Common Exam of NDA 1 and NDA 2 this year:
UPSC has announced that it will be holding a common examination on September 6, 2020 for both NDA & NA Exam (I) and NDA & NA Exam (II) 2020. The decision to conduct a common exam has been taken because the NDA 1 was scheduled to be held on 19th April and it could not be conducted as per schedule due to nationwide lockdown. The notification of NDA & NA 1 2020 exam was published on 8th January and the applications were submitted up to 28th January.