UPPSC answer key 2019 of PCS Pre exam has been released by Drishti IAS. Drishti UPPSC PCS answer key 2019 PDF for paper 1 and paper 2 is given below to download.
UPPSC PCS answer key 2019 is published here for General Studies- Paper 1 and CSAT- Paper 2. UPPSC PCS Pre exam 2019 was held today on December 15 in two shifts. General Studies Paper 1 was held in the morning shift between 9:30 am to 11:30 AM and CSTA Paper 2 timing was 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm.
As UPPSC 2019 exam is now over, answer key for both papers is given below from unofficial sources (Drishti IAS and Dhyeya IAS) for both general studies and CSAT paper.
We are constantly updating this article as more coaching institutes and credible sources (such as online test preparation sites) release the PCS answer key 2019.
UPPSC Pre Answer Key 2019
Scroll down for Drishti IAS UPPSC PCS answer key 8th December 2019 exam.
UPPSC will release the official PCS answer key of Pre examination 2019 after a long time and its hard to say when since the official notification does not reveal the answer key release date.
For last PCS prelims exam, the official answer keys were released nearly 3 months later. The 2018 PCS exam was held on October 28, 2018 and UPPSC had released the answer keys on January 23rd, 2019.
But candidates need not worry as few of the reputed coaching institutions that provide coaching for UPPSC PCS exam in the state, release their version of UPPSC answer keys soon after the exam is over.
Dhyeya IAS and Drishti IAS are the two top coaching such institutions which release the PCS answer keys on their respective websites. Both of the institutions had released last year’s exam answer keys on the same evening of the exam day.
UPPSC 2019 answer key by Dhyeya IAS and Drishti IAS is given below.
- Drishti IAS UPPSC answer key 2019 Download- General Studies Paper 1 (available now)
- Drishti IAS UPPSC Pre answer key 2019 Download- CSAT Paper 2 (available now)
- UPPSC Pre answer key by Dhyeya IAS – General Studies Paper 1 (download here soon)
- UPPSC Pre answer key 2019 Dhyeya IAS – CSAT Paper 2 (download here soon)
Drishti IAS UPPSC PCS Answer Key 2019 Paper 1
Drishti IAS UPPSC PCS Paper 2 answer key 2019 Below
Official UPPSC Pre 2019 answer key release date- February 2020 (expected) at official website.
The answer keys are uploaded in the PDF format which is easily downloadable.
UPPSC Pre 2019 Exam Analysis (Paper 1 Updated)
At a glance, the UPPSC Pre paper 1 (General Studies) difficulty level was moderate as per candidates’ feedback. On a whole 150 objective type questions were asked in the Paper 1. Here is section wise analysis:
|Topic/Section||No. of of Questions Asked |
in PCS Pre 2019
|History of India||13 – 15||Moderate|
|Freedom Struggle of India||9 – 10||Moderate|
|Geography of India and World||20 – 25||Moderate|
|Demography of India||4 – 5||Moderate|
|Indian Polity||15 -20||Moderate|
|Environment and Ecology||14 – 15||Moderate|
|Economy of India||14||Moderate – Difficult|
|Science & Technology||20 – 25||Moderate|
|State Specific Questions||1 – 2||Easy – Moderate|
|Current Affairs||20||Easy – Moderate|
|Sports and Awards||1||Easy – Moderate|
|Miscellaneous||2||Easy – Moderate|
Paper 2 (CSAT) UPPSC Pre exam 2019 analysis will soon be updated here.
The exam pattern of the UPPSC Prelims 2019 is given below. Candidates should keep these few points in mind.
- There is negative marking in the exam which states that 0.33% marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Paper||Duration of Exam||No. of Questions||Max Marks|
|General Studies||2 hours||150||200 marks|
|CSAT||2 hours||100||200 marks|
UPPSC Pre 2019 Qualifying Criteria
- General Studies Paper 1 is treated as a screening test for mains exam. The marks obtained in the paper 1 are the basis for getting the admit card for the mains examination. Paper 1 marks do not play any role in the preparation of the final merit.
- CSAT Paper 2 (Aptitude, Hindi, English) is qualifying in nature. A candidate needs to obtain at least 33% marks in Paper 2 to qualify for the Mains exam.
Easy Paper, Tough Competition
Paper was easy today but the competition is not as nearly 5 lakh candidates are vying against mere 309 PCS vacancies. There is chance that vacancies could be increased but since UPPSC 2020 is also proposed to be conducted in April 2020, its quite possible that vacancies in this UPPSC 2019 remain the same.
- There has been few changes in UPPSC Prelims exam 2019 which has made the candidates nervous.
- The biggest change is that now for the mains exam, UPPSC will only call the candidates 13 times of the vacancies available. Meaning, only about 4,000 candidates will qualify to appear for the UPPSC mains exam scheduled for April Aril 29th, 2020.
- In recent exams, the ratio was 18 times of the vacancies. In 2018 PCS, 19,906 candidates were called for mains exam against 988 vacancies (nearly 20 times).
- In PCS 2012 to 2015, the merit was prepared on the basis of both paper 1 and paper 2. However, 2016 onward, the merit is now prepared only on the basis of General Studies- Paper 1. CSAT- Paper 2 has only become qualifying in nature.
UPPSC 2019 Cut Off
In 2018 UPPSC exam, the cut off for General category was 126. The cut off is directly proportional to the difficulty level. Easy paper means a increase in cut off.
The cut off for UPPSC 2019 can only predicted after the complete exam analysis. Come back here on Monday to check the same.
UPPSC PCS exam cut off in previous years:
|Year||No. of Vacancies||General||OBC||SC||ST||Female|
We will update this article with latest news and information. Stay tuned here for more news.