TRB PG results 2019: Tamil Nadu Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) has published the marks of the candidates who appeared for the PG Assistant exam on Sept 27, 28 & 29, 2019. Candidates may now visit the official website (www.trb.tn.nic.in) and check their PG TRB result.
TRB PG result 2019 has been uploaded in the form of marks obtained by the candidates in the relevant subject.
How to check TRB PG result
Candidates may directly visit this official result declaration notice and then head to check their subject wise marks.
The official notice also states that a total of 1.47 lakh candidates had appeared for the exam. The computer based exams for TRB PG Assistant recruitment were held on September 27, 28 & 29, 2019.
The list of candidates to be called for Certificate Verification process is yet to be released by the board.
TN TRB also issued a press release via it’s website trb.tn.nic.in citing the completion of exam and the tentative schedule for further proceedings. The relevant details such as expected PGTRB result date and selection process have been fairly explained below.
PG TRB result 2019 Date
As per online reports, TRB PG result 2019 was poised to be out in around 5-6 weeks from the date of exam. Going by the statement, candidates expected their TRB PG marks/score publishing by mid-November. However, the results were published earlier today on October 19, 2019, mere three weeks after the exam.
The candidates may also check the official answer keys at the TRB website.
The TRB PG assistant exam itself consisted of 3 hours’ duration and was held in online mode. 150 multiple choice type questions were asked in the exam, carrying a maximum total of 150 marks. Each correct answer will earn a student 1 mark.
Out of total 150 questions, 10 questions were asked from General Knowledge section, 30 from Education methodology, and 110 from candidate’s main subject.
Qualifying Marks and Selection Process
PG TRB Qualifying Marks: The candidates belonging to unreserved categories need to obtain at least 50% marks in the Computer Based examination to qualify in order to be considered for the merit. The qualifying marks set for candidates of SC/SCA categories is 45%, and 40% for ST candidates.
Selection Process: The candidates who will qualify the online test based on the criteria set, will be considered for the Certificate verification process.
As official notification cites, TRB will prepare the list of candidates for CV on 1:2 ratio based on the marks obtained in the online test, and also taking other rules into account.
Few things to keep in mind about forthcoming proceedings;
- It is compulsory to be present in person if and when called for Certificate Verification.
- The call letters for the Certificate verification will be issued through TRB website. Candidates will find the schedule, venue and guidelines in the call letters itself.
- Keep in mind to bring the original certificates as well as the attested copies of the required documents.
- The essential documents are: 10th/SSLC or equivalent marks sheet, marks sheet or passing certificate of 12th/Higher Secondary or it’s equivalent, Under Graduate and Post Graduate Degree in the relevant or same subject or it’s equivalent, B.Ed degree certificate or it’s equivalent, and M.P.Ed degree or it’s equivalent or an equivalent diploma.
- Candidates are also advised to bring Disability certificate (if any), Tamil Medium study certificate and community/category certificate etc. Please read the official notice for complete list of documents to carry with you at the time of CV.
This TRB recruitment is underway to hire candidates on the advertised 2144 posts of Post Graduate Assistants/ Physical Education Directors Grade-I.
We will keep you updated about result date news and more her.