SEBI result 2021: SEBI office grade A phase 1 exam result 2021 has been announced on January 28, 2021. The Securities and Exchange Board of India has conducted the SEBI Grade A Officer phase 1 exam 2021 on January 17, 2021. The SEBI Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager) exam is an online screening and the appeared candidates will therefore need to obtain the minimum cut off marks in both paper 1 and paper 2 and aggregate as well. The candidates will be shortlisted for phase 2 exam scheduled on February 27, 2021 on the basis of their performance in the phase 1 exam. The SEBI grade A cut off marks, expected this year and of previous years’ are discussed below.
January 28, 2021 Update:
- SEBI has announced the Grade A phase 1 exam result today at SEBI Careers website, direct link below.
- List of shortlisted candidates for phase 2 is released stream-wise for General stream, legal stream, IT stream, Civil engineering, Electrical engineering, Research, and Official Language stream.
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is conducting this SEBI Officer Grade A exam 2021 for recruitment to 147 Assistant Manager posts. The advertisement was released in March 2020 but the pandemic crisis led to the delay in the recruitment process.
SEBI Grade A Result 2021
The SEBI result 2021 for Grade A phase 1 exam held on January 17, 2021 as expected have been announced by the end of January i.e., on Jan 28. SEBI had not provided the exact result date but considering that the phase 2 exam is scheduled to be conducted on February 27, 2021, it declared Grade A result a whole month prior, giving way for the hall ticket release and other activities for phase 2. Also, in 2018, the phase 1 result was declared in just 12 days after the conduct of exam.
The candidates may keep a tab on the official “SEBI careers” website for latest notices regarding the declaration of phase 1 results and phase 2 exam proceedings.
SEBI has release the Grade A phase 1 exam result in the form of a list of shortlisted candidates.
How to check SEBI Grade A Phase 1 result 2020-21:
- Go to official website www.sebi.gov.in
- Navigate to ‘Careers’ tab under ‘About Us’ section
- Look for the notice titled “Result of Phase 1 Exam held on January 17, 2021”
- Now, select your stream (General/civil/electrical etc.) and click on it
- A PDF containing the names/roll numbers of shortlisted candidates for phase 2 will open.
- If your name/roll number is in the PDF, then you have been shortlisted otherwise not.
The SEBI will also release the individual candidate’s marks statement i.e., result on its website which can be checked after login.
Phase 1 result declared - check here
SEBI Cut Off 2021
Here are the minimum cut off marks required to qualify SEBI Grade A phase exam 2021 as per official notice:
|Phase 1 Paper||Streams/Subjects||Maximum marks||Minimum Cut Off|
|Paper 1||All streams||100||30%|
|Paper 2||General stream||100||40%|
|Paper 2||Specialised subject/Research stream||100||40%|
Grade A Phase 1 cut off highlights
- Phase 1 exam consisted of 2 papers of 100 marks each.
- Paper 1 cut off is 30% and no sectional cut off
- Paper 2 cut off is 40%.
- On top of obtaining the minimum cut off in both papers, the candidates will also have to obtain at least 40% aggregate cut off marks in phase 1 exam to be shortlisted for phase 2 exam.
The SEBI Grade A officer selection criteria consists of 3 stages:
- Phase 1 exam – an online screening test, only used to shortlist candidates for phase 2. Phase 1 performance does not play any part in final selection.
- Phase 2 exam: An online exam consisting of 2 papers of 100 mark each. In Phase 2 exam, the candidates will need to obtain sectional as well as aggregate cut off marks. Phase 2 scores will be used to shortlist candidates for phase 3 (final) exam.
- Phase 3 exam: Interviews. Candidates 3 times the number of vacancies will be called for the interview on the basis of phase 2 shortlist. 85% weightage will be given to phase 2 marks of the candidates and 15% weightage to interview marks while preparing the final selection list.
Detailed cut off for phase 2 exam will be updated after phase 1 results are announced. Meanwhile, candidates can take a look at the SEBI grade A cut off marks for previous year (2018) here at official site.
More result updates here.