SBI PO Cut Off: The State Bank of India has conducted the SBI PO Prelims Exam 2020 on January 04, 05 & 06, 2021. Now the nation’s biggest bank is all set to declare the SBI PO prelims result and cut off marks in the third week of January month. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the cut-off marks and then appear in the SBI PO Mains exam scheduled to be held on January 29, 2021. The SBI PO expected cut off marks 2021 has been discussed below based on previous years’ cut off marks and also on the basis of analysis of exams held so far.
SBI PO Prelims Expected Cut Off 2020 – 2021
|Category||Expected Cut Off Marks|
SBI PO cut off 2020 for the prelims exam will be released in the third week of January 2021. The cut-off will be released category-wise on the official website along with the result. Candidates will be shortlisted for the further selection process on the basis of SBI PO Prelims cut-off.
This year, the SBI PO prelims cut off is expected to be in the 65-70 range for general category considering the exams on first two days were a bit more difficult than last year. More precise view on expected cut off will be available after January 6th exam is conducted.
The cut-off marks are usually affected by various factors. These include factors listed below among others.
- The cut-off marks primarily depend upon the underlying number of vacancies. Recruitments with lower number of vacancies usually have higher cut-offs.
- Secondly, the cut-off marks also depends upon the number of candidates who actually appear in the exam. Generally higher number of test takers leads to higher cut-offs.
- Lastly, the cut-off marks also depend upon the difficult level of the exam. For instance, a difficult exam usually means that the cut-off marks will be lower.
The cut off for State Bank of India Probationary Officer prelims exam is calculated out of 100 marks. The category-wise merit list to call candidates for the mains exam is prepared based on the cut off marks. On the basis of SBI PO prelims cut off 2020, candidates 10 times the number of vacancies will be selected for the mains exam.
SBI PO Prelims Previous Years cut off
Candidates may take a look at the previous years’ cut off of SBI PO. This will enable them to gauge the changes in the level of difficulty of the paper around the years. Candidates can check the previous year cut-offs in the table below.
Cut-off marks in 2019
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||68.25|
|Other Backward Castes (OBC)||68.25|
|PWD (VI, LD, HI)||64.75, 59.50, 16.25|
Cut-off marks in 2018
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||–|
|Other Backward Castes (OBC)||54.25|
|PWD (VI, OH, HI)||49, 45.25, 14.75|
SBI PO Prelims Result Date
SBI is expected to release the prelims exam result by the third week of January 2021. This is because the SBI PO Mains exam is scheduled to be conducted on January 29, 2020, and the prelims results would have to be declared before that in order to shortlist candidates and complete further exam formalities.
Once the SBI PO prelims result is declared, the candidates may check the same from the official website. However, candidates should furnish the required details such an as registration number and roll number among others which is available in their respective admit cards before doing so. Candidates may follow the below-mentioned steps in order t check their respective results.
- Visit the official site of SBI at www.sbi.co.in/web/careers.
- Click on the ‘Latest Announcements’ tab on the top of the web page.
- Click on the ‘SBI PO Prelims Result 2020’ link.
- Download the PDF for the list of shortlisted candidates.
- Check for your roll number or registration number by pressing Ctrl+F.
Check more news about SBI exams here.