The Delhi people can now book their liquor token online at www.qtoken.in and avoid long queues at the wine shops. The direct link to obtain the liquor qtoken in Delhi is given below along with the list of wine shops availing the facility.
Excise Department, government of Delhi launched ‘qtoken. in’ portal for issuing e-token for liquor in Delhi to reduce the crowds at wine shops in the Union Territory. Ever since the announcement was made to open liquor shops in Delhi amid the lockdown, huge crowd has been gathering at wine shops. Now, the Aam Aadmi Party, Delhi, led by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has introduced e-token system to purchase liquor in Delhi. The state government is also mulling over the idea of home delivery of liquor in Delhi after Supreme court’s recommendation.
Update: You can visit https://www.qtoken.in/liquor/intro or https://www.qtoken.in/liquor/apply/ directly to get your token.
What is qtoken.in?
The portal ‘www.qtoken.in’ has been launched to facilitate the generating of e-token for liquor purchase in Delhi. The portal has been launched to enforce the social distancing norms at wine shops since lockdown is still under continuation due to the COVID-19 pandemic and crowds, and there are huge crowds at liquor shops.
- qtoken portal has a list of 160 liquor shops in Delhi.
- A maximum of 50 tokens will be generated in 1 hour for any particular shop.
How to get token for liquor in Delhi?
If any person want to buy liquor in Delhi, he/she can simply visit the qtoken website and get the e-token for visiting the liquor shop at a particular time of day. The people don’t have to wait in long queues now due to this facility.
- To generate the Delhi liquor token, firstly visit www.qtoken.in website and click on “Apply for Liquor purchase Token” section that will lead you to registration page https://www.qtoken.in/liquor/apply/.
- The process to apply online is fairly simple. The persons just have to enter their name, mobile number and select the nearby liquor/wine shop out of the given shops list, and submit the request.
- After completing the process, the applicant will be sent liquor token at their mobile number for visiting the liquor shop at a particular time, avoiding queues.
You can still purchase your liquor from shops in Delhi without token but be prepared to stand in long queues for that.
Delhi liquor token apply online- here
Home delivery Soon
Many state governments such as Punjab, West Bengal and Chhattisgarh have already started the facility of liquor home delivery. Delhi government is also mulling the idea and you may soon get the liquor at your doorstep if the govt makes the decision in next few days.
But as of now, the portal only facilitates the token booking facility, not delivery or online payment.
Get more news here.