OSSTET 2020 exam, via osstet.co.in will be conducted around December 2019 end or early-January 2020 but BSE Odisha has not advertised the date yet.
Board of Secondary Education (BSE) Odisha, the authority which is responsible for the conduct of Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET), released the official advertisement yesterday for this year’s exam. The official advertisement dated December 6th, 2019, states that the online application form filling process for this OSSTET will take place from December 7th (12 noon) to December 16th, 2019 (midnight). The interested candidates may first check their eligibility and then proceed to fill OSSTET 2020 application form online at www.osstet.co.in.
Read below for important information at a glance such as exam scheme, dates, application procedure etc.
OSSTET 2020 Exam Important Dates
BSE Odisha has clearly stated in its official notification that OSSTET exam date 2020 will be notified later. As of yet, the board has only provided dates for application process and has not confirmed admit card release date or the examination date. It has, however, provided exam scheme and syllabus related info already.
Even though Official exam date is not confirmed, candidates may expected the exam to be held sometime in January 2020 because in 2018-19, the exam was conducted just after two weeks of the completion of application process. For OSSTET 2018-19, the applications were invited between September 10th to September 19th, 2018 and the exam took place on October 5th, 2018. Considering previous OSSTET exam’s timeline, its fairly safe to assume OSSTET 2020 exam date will lie somewhere in the first week of January 2020 or last week of December 2019.
OSSTET 2020 exam timeline will look like this:
- Online Application form process- Dec 7th (12 noon) to Dec 16th, 2019 (midnight)
- Exam date and admit card release date- A notification will be released regarding these dates once application submission process is completed. Admit cards are issued one week prior the exam.
- Answer key release- two weeks after the exam
- Result date- 2-3 months later.
OSSTET exam scheme 2020:
There are 2 papers of OSSTET i.e., paper 1 and paper 2.
Paper 1 is for the education teacher aspirants- Trained graduate teachers in Science/ Arts, Hindi/ Classic Teacher (Urdu/ Sanskrit/ Telugu).
Paper 2 is for Physical Education Teacher.
- Exam duration for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- All Questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ). Each question will carry 1 mark. There is negative marking in OSSTET.
There will be four section in each paper.
- Section 1 will be of Language I- Odia, which is compulsory in both papers.
- Section 2 will be Language II- English, which is also compulsory in both papers.
- Section 3 will have questions in English for TGT (Arts) and TGT (Science for both PCM and CBZ) streams. The questions in other streams like Classic teacher (Sanskrit/ Telugu/ Urdu) and Hindi, will be respective language.
- For paper 2, the Section 3 will be from C.P.Ed course and will be in English.
- Section 4 will be same for both paper 1 and paper 2 candidates. Questions will be asked in Child Development, Pedagogy and School Management. The evaluation will be done in English.
Full OSSTET 2020 Exam Scheme – Check here.
- The qualifying marks for General category candidates is 60%.
- The qualifying marks for SC/ST/PH/SEBC candidates is 50%.
OSSTET in itself is a eligibility test necessary for the candidates aspiring to become teachers in government secondary schools in the state of Odisha.
Get more news here.