Odisha liquor delivery online osbc.co.in: The state government has given permission to shops registered under Odisha State Beverage Corporation Limited, known as OSBCL or OSBC to start the home delivery of liquor in Odisha from May 24, 2020. The liquor delivery will start in each district in big cities such as Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Rourkela and Brahmapur etc from Sunday.
Whereas many of the other states have already opened the wine shops or allowed online booking and home delivery of the liquor, Odisha is yet to open shops. However, to avoid the long queues and to enforce social distancing norms, the Odisha government today announced that the OSBC wine shops will be allowed the online sale of liquor through home delivery mode.
The Odisha State Beverage Corporation (OSBC) is state owned Public State Undertaking (PSU) of the government of Odisha. The Excise Department, Odisha officials said that only ON & OFF shops with license of Indian made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) and Beer will be able to sell online from Sunday. No over the counter sale is permitted.
OSBC Odisha Liquor Online Booking For Home Delivery
Odisha State Beverage Corporation has uploaded the district-wise information about ON & OFF shops at its website that are allowed to sell liquor through home delivery mode from Sunday (May 24).
The customers who wish to buy liquor online in Odisha may visit the website www.osbc.co.in and see the information about the nearby ON &OFF shops. The liquor shop’s name, phone number and address etc details are available there.
- District-wise information about ON Shops- view here
- District-wise information about OFF shops- view here
Online Liquor Booking process
- Visit osbc.co.in and view the list of ON & OFF shops.
- Find the shop in your area and see its mobile number, email ID etc details in the list.
- Contact the provided mobile number or email ID for details.
- The details of the mobile number, WhatsApp number, email ID, and payment mode details outside the shops. You can visit the shop once, note the details and then order online.
Home Delivery & Price Details:
The online booking and home delivery will be allowed between 7 AM to 6 PM. The liquor will have to be delivered within 6 hours of the booking by the shops.
The state has levied an extra charge of 50% on top of the MRP. Means, liquor you used to buy for Rs 1000 will cost you Rs 1500/- now.
According to the Excise Commissioner, here are delivery rates:
- Rs 100/- for liquor orders upto Rs 1000/-
- Rs 25/- for every additional Rs 500/- order value after Rs 1000 ceiling.
- For example: if you order alcohol worth Rs 2000/-, you will have to pay delivery charge of Rs 150/-.
- Maximum delivery charge is Rs 300/-.