Odisha Career Portal launched by CM at www.odishacareerportal.com: The State Department of School and Mass Education, Government of Odisha has taken an initiative by launching a career portal for secondary and higher secondary students. The unique portal has been launched at the official website www.odishacareerportal.com. The Odisha Government’s career portal is aimed at helping students connect with an expert to get advice regarding. As per reports, the portal has been launched in collaboration with the international humanitarian organisation, the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
The School and Mass Education Minister, Samir Ranjan Dash, has stated that the Odisha Career Portal had come at a very pertinent time, amid the pandemic situation, so as to ensure that all children acquire knowledge on wide-ranging career options and make informed choices as the COVID-19 pandemic presented unprecedented emergency.
“We hope that the career portal reaches all secondary and higher secondary students with its services and information. The portal will enable young persons to choose career paths in tune with their aspirations and aptitudes and thus help to connect them with suitable work opportunities,” said the Department Secretary Satyabrat Sahoo in this regard.
He also added that the portal would also provide the students with various opportunities to interact with great personalities and mentors from reputed professional and vocational institutes, enabling them to understand more about potential learning and career opportunities.
The UNICEF Field Office, Bhubaneshwar, Dr Monika Nielsen, has stated that the portal was a significant step to equip young students for a smooth transition from schools to work situations through higher education.
What is the aim of Odisha Career Portal
- The portal is aimed at helping students from Class 9th to 12th connect with an expert to get advice regarding.
- The portal will be available in both English and Odia languages for the benefit of secondary and higher secondary students.
- The portal will help students in Odisha in making informed choices by acquiring knowledge on wide-ranging career options.
- The portal will be available for students aspiring to pursue professional courses and also get advice from experts in various fields on potential careers.
What is the Odisha Career Portal
- The portal includes detailed information on more than 550 career paths.
- The students in Odisha will be able to gain access to more than 2,62,000 colleges and vocational institutes spread across the country through this innovative portal.
- This will subsequently give these students access to over 17,000 graduate and postgraduate courses at colleges and vocational institutes across the country.
- The portal will also include detailed information on more than 1,150 entrance exams for higher education in India.
- The career portal will provide the students access to complete information on more than 1,120 scholarships, competitions and fellowship for pursuing higher education in India and abroad.
How to access Odisha Career Portal
- The portal can be accessed at the official website www.odishacareerportal.com.
- The career portal can be viewed in both Odia and English.
- Class 9th to 12th students can then log in using ‘Student ID’ and password to access the dashboard.
- If a student doesn’t possess student ID and password, then they must contact their respective teachers to know the same.