Maharashtra board exam dates for HSC and SSC board exams 2021 have been announced. On Thursday, January 21, 2021, the Education Minister of Maharashtra announced the dates for board exams of Secondary School Certificate (SSC) as well as of Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC). Minister Varsha Gaikwad also informed the students studying in the state of Maharashtra, about the reduction in the syllabus for both the board classes. The syllabus has been reduced by the board by 25% for the students.
The State Education Minister, Ms Gaikwad made the announcement by stating that, “The written exams for Class 12 will be held between April 23 and May 29, and for Class 10 between April 29 and May 31.” The Minister added by saying that, “We are trying to declare the results of Classes 12 and 10 by July-end and August-end, respectively.”
Keeping in mind the situation of the school students, the education board of Maharashtra has reduced the syllabus of the board classes by 25% for the board examination to be conducted in 2021.
Maharashtra board exam dates 2021
- The practical exams of SSC or Class 10 will be conducted between April 9, 2021 and April 28, 2021.
- On the other hand, the practical exams of HSC or Class 12 will be conducted between April 1, 2021 and April 22, 2021.
Usually, the board exams are held in the month of February and March. However, the exams have been postponed this time, due to COVID-19 pandemic and delays in the session.
Important points to be noted about Maharashtra HSC board exams:-
- The exams are conducted within two shifts. Morning shift starts from 11 am to 2pm. While the evening shift starts from 3pm to 6pm.
- As per the guidelines laid by Maharashtra Board, students of Higher Secondary Certificate or Class 12 need to score at least 35% and above in order to pass the exams.
- The 35% score which is needed to be acquired by the students will include, theory + practical marks secured by them.
- HSC board exams will be out of 600 marks in total from this year (2021). Earlier, the total marks for Class 12 used to be 650 marks.
- Each HSC 2021 exam will be out of 100 marks: Theory exam out of 80 marks; Practical exam/ viva/project work out of 20 marks.
The schools will provide admit cards for the Maharashtra board exams of Class 10 and 12 after the registration process for both the classes is complete. For any queries, students can visit the official website of Maharashtra Board.