Kerala BEVCO app ‘BevQ’ download: Kerala Beverages Corporation (BEVCO) will launch its drink app for generating the virtual queue token next week. According to the reports, Kerala State Beverages Corporation (KSBC) conducted the trial of its mobile app on earlier this week and is gearing for public launch on Thursday.
While the liquor shops in Kerala has been reopened today on May 20, the Kerala state government had since last week been working on to launch the BEVCO app to control crowd and ensure social distancing norms.
May 23 Update: BevQ app is ready but Google has raised security issues before its release on its ‘Play Store’. The officials on May 22nd said that the app will be ready to be launched on upcoming Monday or Tuesday.
What is Kerala BEVCO App
The new KSBC BEVCO drink app set to launch tomorrow has been developed by Faircode Technologies based in Kochi. The app will avail the facility of online booking for virtual queue token for the purchase of liquor in BEVCO owned shops in Kerala.
The Kerala Beverages Corporation has not provided the facility of home delivery of liquor, the app will facilitate generating the token to avoid long queues. You can book a particular time slot through this KSBC drink app and visit the shop to buy liquor.
BEVCO app download:
The Kerala Beverages ‘Faircode technologies’ drink app will be available to download from Google Play Store.
A link will be put on the official website of the Kerala Beverages Corporation website www.ksbc.kerala.gov.in. The link will be updated here on Thursday.
Online booking for virtual queue token to purchase liquor in Kerala:
- First, download the app from Google Play store or from link given at KSBC website.
- After installing the app, select the district and enter the PIN code of the area you are looking to purchase liquor in. If no shop is listed under the entered ZIP/PIN code, enter another area’s code.
- After entering the district and area’s PIN Code, the app will display the list of Kerala Beverages shops and bars. Select whichever shop/bar is nearest to you.
- Now, select the time slot to book virtual queue token.
- Enter your basic details (name, address, ID details) etc.
- After filling all the required details, a confirmation message will be sent to your registered mobile number with time slot and shop details.
Things you should know:
- The people who don’t have smartphone to download the app, will be able to send a message to the prescribed number and get the token to buy liquor.
- Only 1 toke a day can be generated using one mobile number.
- Only people with age above 21 years are permitted to buy liquor in Kerala.