KCET option entry 2020 begins on November 22nd as the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) has now released the counselling schedule for the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET), a state-level entrance examination conducted to facilitate admission to the professional undergraduate courses in institutions in the state of Karnataka. KEA published the seat matrix on November 19th and according to the official notification, the students can submit their option entry between November 22nd to 25th, 2020.
The complete details regarding KCET option entry dates, how to do the option entry, seat matrix, counselling schedule and seat allotment result is given below.
What is Option Entry in KCET
The option entry is the process during KCET counselling where the candidates have to enter their preferences and choice for the desired college and course they wish to take admission in.
The candidates can fill the option entry details after registration for KCET counselling which is underway.
How to do option entry in KCET 2020
Since the seat allotment process is based on the rank obtained by the candidates in the KCET exam, the candidates must mark their college and course preferences after considering the previous years’ cut off for the desired college and course. In order to do the option entry, the candidates need to register for the counselling and complete the document verification process. Only the candidates deemed eligible in the rank list may participate in the counselling and option entry process.
The candidates may follow these steps to do the option entry:
- Go to the official website kea.kar.nic.in or cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/
- Login using you CET number and other details
- Click on the ‘Option Entry’ link available under candidate’s profile
- Select the course of your choice out of the available options
- Now, the list of available colleges offering the opted course will be displayed
- Choose any number of college based on your preferences, and mind the priority number while doing so. The priority in the seat allotment process is given according to the sequential order marked by your.
- You can do the option entry for more than 1 college and course in the process.
- KEA also provides the facility to modify your options during certain dates. The option entry can be modified by simply updating your options through the link given after login at the KEA website.
KCET option entry 2020 dates
- Starting date- November 22nd (2 pm onward)
- Last date- November 25th (11 AM)
- Option entry modify dates- November 26th (4 PM) to November 28th (11 AM)
KEA will conduct a mock seat allotment round on November 26th (2 PM afterward) which will given the candidates a fair idea of the chances of getting the seat in the choice of college and course. After verifying the mock allotment results, the candidates can change, reorder, add or delete their choices of college/course.
The main KCET seat allotment allotment result for the first round of counselling will be published on November 29th after 4 PM.
Follow us for more KCET news here.