JIPMER PG results 2020 will be declared on December 18th, this Wednesday. Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) Post Graduate (PG) entrance examination 2020 was conducted on December 8th and its results is published at www.jipmer.edu.in for the appeared candidates.
Around 40 thousand candidates take the JIPMER PG exam for admission to only 100 seats offered of Master of Surgery (MS) and Doctor in Medicine (MD) in its Puducherry campus. JIPMER PG 2020 is for facilitating admission to the Academic session kicking off in January 2020. JIPMER had organized PG entrance exam 2020 in 10 cities at 47 venues.
The counseling and seat allocation will be done on the basis of JIPMER PG results 2020. Check all details below.
JIPMER PG Results 2020
The official notification states that JIPMER PG 2020 result will be released on or before December 18th, 2019. So there is chance that result might be out on December 17th but there is no telling until JIPMER officially notifies the same via its portal. We will keep you update but for now, assume the result date as 18th Dec.
To check their result, candidates simply need to visit the official website www.jipmer.edu.in and open the link stating “Post-Graduate Entrance Examination 2020 Results/ Merit List”. The result is made available roll number wise and also in the form of merit list of successful candidates.
Candidates should note that JIPMER will not send any physical letter to the shortlisted candidates so make sure to periodically browse the website for updates.
JIPMER PG Result Preparation: Selection Method
JIPMER PG result is prepared using percentile score calculation method and is published in the form of a merit list. The percentile score calculation system is depicted in the image below.
- JIPMER PG is held in English medium only, in computer based mode and exam duration is 3 hours.
- Exam has 250 questions for MD/MS and 100 questions for MDS.
- Each correct answer carries 4 marks. 1 mark is deducted for each wrong answer.
- The score determined on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam is raw score. This raw score is used to determine percentile score for the purpose of eligibility using cut-off and also determination of merit list/ ranking.
- Minimum percentile of 50 for unreserved/ Inst/ OCI/ FN/ Sponsored candidates, 45 for Unreserved (UR)-OPH, and 40 for SC/ ST/ OBC/ -OPH is necessary to be considered for place in merit. Candidates obtaining percentile less than mentioned above will not be included in the merit list.
The JIPMER PG 2020 merit list: Approximately candidates 10 times the number of seats will be shortlisted for counseling. The candidates shortlisted in the merit list will have to attend the counseling where seat allocation will be done.
JIPMER has announced that the counseling will be held in four rounds and will start from December 27th, 2019. JIPMER calls the candidates on the basis of rank for counseling.
More news here.