The Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB) has announced the dates and details regarding its entrance exam. The Jharkhand polytechnic entrance exam will be conducted in July for admission to polytechnic/diploma colleges of the state and the registrations will start on June 8, 2020. The aspiring students may fill the online application form at http://jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in/ on the said date.
Matriculation appearing or passed students looking to get admission in Polytechnic diploma courses can apply for Polytechnic entrance exam as all the admissions will be made on merit-basis only. Jharkhand Polytechnic Entrance exam qualified students will be eligible for taking admission to diploma courses offered at all government, aided and unaided polytechnic institutions in the State.
Jharkhand Polytechnic Entrance Exam 2020
JCECEB has been constituted by the State government for organizing the state-level competitive examinations. Usually the board opens up application process for Polytechnic entrance exam in March but the nation-wide lockdown due to spread of corona virus delayed the process this year. The Board published the official notification of Jharkhand Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Examination 2020 on 29th May finally. Read below to know about Jharkhand Polytechnic entrance exam, application process, exam pattern and other details, but first take a look at important dates.
- Application Starts from – 8 June 2020
- Application submission last date – 2 July 2020
- Admit Card release date – 4 days before the exam
- Jharkhand Polytechnic Exam Date – 2nd/3rd week of July
Eligibility– The students who have passed Class 10 or equivalent exam with minimum 35% marks can apply for Jharkhand Polytechnic exam 2020. Those students who have given the Class 10 papers this year can also apply, however, they will have to pass the board exam.
Application Fee– The applicants will have to pay Rs. 650 non-refundable application fee for submitting polytechnic entrance exam application form. This fee is applicable for general, OBC & EWS category applicants only. The application fee is Rs. 325 for SC, ST and female candidates of all categories. The board has exempted physically handicapped applicants from paying application fee.
How to fill application form
The JCECE Board has made the application form filling process online for all the entrance exams. To fill the Jharkhand Polytechnic entrance exam application form, the students will have to visit the official website of Board and follow the below mentioned process:
- Open the Board website www.jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in.
- On the homepage, click on “Online Form Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Examination 2020” link. The link will be available from 8th June.
- The link will take you to new screen page where you will be asked to doing ‘New Registration’. From here, the applications can be submitted in 3-step process – New Registration, Application form filling & image uploading and Application fee payment.
- On clicking the New Registration option, the students will be asked to register themselves using their email ID and mobile number.
- After this, the students will have to fill details asked in application form including personal details, reservation details, educational details, communication details and upload scanned images of required documents.
- The last step is to pay the requisite application fee, following which the application process get complete.
The students can submit Jharkhand Polytechnic entrance exam application form by following these simple steps. They are not required to send any hard copy of application form or documents to the Board as the application process is completely online. Now, let us know about the exam pattern so as to understand the structure of paper and prepare in a much better way.
Exam Pattern & Marking Scheme
- The Polytechnic entrance exam will be conducted as a single paper consisting of 150 objective & multiple choice questions.
- The question paper will be set in both Hindi and English languages.
- There will be 50 questions each on Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and the students will have to attempt the question paper in 150 minutes time.
- The students will be awarded 1 mark for each correct answer, while 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- The question paper will be at par with Secondary education level.
The board has set up examination centers in major cities like Ranchi, Hazaribagh, Jamshedpur, Dhanbad, Dumka, Chaibasa, Bokaro and Daltonganj. The final list of examination centers will be out soon and the students can know their exam center from admit card. In case of any help, the students can contact the helpline at 9264473891 from 10 am to 6 pm.
Check more news from Jharkhand.