ISRO ICC 2020 cyberspace competition has started on July 3rd and first is the drawing competition for class 1-3 students. Next is essay writing competition for class 9-10 students on July 6. The competition becomes live at 10 am and 11 am on the mentioned date and the topic is revealed 15 minutes prior the starting time. The ISRO ICC time table, date, topic etc., details are available at its portal www.isro.gov.in/icc-2020 and also here. In Drawing competition, topic was ‘Viewing Earth from Space”. Students need to submit their drawing by 4 pm.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has announced holding of a ISRO Cyberspace Competition (ICC) this year in a bid to unify the young minds of our country during these chaotic times of COVID-19 so that they are engaged in an immersive experience to promote scientific temperament in our youngsters. The registration date has been extended till June 28 and the aspirants may apply online through web link https://www.isro.gov.in/icc-2020.
The idea to promote ICC-2020 by the ISRO is aimed to promote the interest in the boundless mysteries and exploration of concepts in the space science and technology domain since all the activities in the domain stand suspended due to the COVID-19 imposed lockdown. The ISRO has devised ICC-2020 in a format that is in line with mass penetration of internet which will promote ‘Digital India’ but also promote innovations in the field of ICT in these chaotic times.
The competitions envisaged in the ICC-2020 are as follows:
- Drawing Competition for students of class 1-3: July 3rd (11 am to 4 pm)- TOPIC- Viewing Earth from Space Drawing
- Model making Competition for students of class 4-8 on July 8th, between 10 am to 4 pm.
- Essay Competition (English/Hindi) for class 9-10 will be live on July 6th, between 11 am to 4 pm.
- Essay Competition/ Space Quiz Contest for class 11-12 (Hindi/ English) on July 10th between 11 am to 4 pm.
The theme of all the competitions for all classes is space science and technology which will spread into the deep cyberspace and astro-physics as well.
ISRO CYBERSPACE COMPETITIONS Eligibility:
- The eligibility is simple the students must be enrolled in any schools registered and recognised as eligible to give primary, secondary, high school and intermediate learning certificates to the students.
- There is no age limit but the levels of classes shall be used for the purpose of accepting registrations.
ISRO CYBERSPACE COMPETITION Important Dates:
The dates of all the competitions are yet to be announced by the ISRO so we shall request you to please be patient and check our blog for any updates.
ISRO CYBERSPACE COMPETITIONS Syllabus:
THe syllabus and important tips for ISRO ICC-2020 are as follows:
- Drawing Competition: View of Earth from Space, View of sky in clear night, View inside space station, human landing on mars, space habitat on moon, and varying visible shapes of the moon. It is important to note here that all the drawings shall be done with water colours, wax crayons or pencil colours only and they shall be submitted on A3 white size paper or chart paper only.
- Model Making/ Science Craft Competitions: Spacecraft, Space Station, Rovers on moon, rockets for exo-planets, lauchpads for rockets, docking of satellites, societal benefit of space technology. Use cardboard, paper, clothes, adhesive tapes, colours & gums only, thermocole is not to be used, the maximum size of model permitted 50 cm (l) x 50ü cm(w) x 50 cm (h). Take 1 – 6 photographs (i.e. Front View, Back View,ü Left Hand Side View, Right Hand Side View, Top View and Bottom View). Write a brief about the model you have made inü your own hand writing in A4 size sheet (maximum 2 pages only).
- Essay & Quiz Competitions: Infinite Universe, Stars and Galaxy, Solar Systems, Space Science & Technology, Rockets & Satellites, Basic Astronomy and Cosmology, Life in Other Planets, Asteroids and Comets, Human Space Flights, Space Tourism, Space Habitat Future Outlook, Colonies on Moon & Mars, Gravitation, Space Debris, Space Applications for Common Mass, Indian Space Program. The date and registration number are to be mentioned in the answer scripts, the details of the students should not be mentioned anywhere, and only A4 sheet of paper white should be used.
ISRO Cyberspace Competitions-2020 How to Apply:
The ICC-2020 is an online competition and the registration also is online which can be done in the following manner:
- The candidates are required to log on to the link https://icc2020.isro.gov.in/icc/register.jsp
- Register yourself using the OTP verification and email address.
- Fill in the form.
- The competition is free for all.
- Take down the application number for future reference.