IOQM Result 2021 www.mtai.org.in/ioqm: The Mathematics Teachers’ Association of India, MTA(I), has conducted the Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Mathematics (IOQM) on January 17, 2021. IOQM score card have been announced on February 09. The IOQM cut off 2021 and the selection list have been published on February 15, 2021. The Olympiad aspirants can check their IOQM result and score card at www.mtai.org.in/ioqm. Only 540 students out of those who appeared in IOQM 2021 will be selected for next round i.e., INMO.
February 15, 2021 Update
- IOQM merit/selection list i.e., list of students selected to appear for INMO 2021 has been released today on February 15, 2021.
- IOQM region-wise cut off marks 2021 have also been declared.
- Check results here– https://www.mtai.org.in/announcement-of-ioqm-2021-results/
- Provisional score cards were released on February 09, 2021.
- Students need to enter their IOQ registration number and date of birth to check their IOQM score.
Due to the delays that COVID-19 pandemic crisis enforced, the two stages of the Olympiad, namely; Pre-Regional Mathematical Olympiad (PRMO) and Regional Mathematical Olympiad (RMO), were replaced by a single test called “Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Mathematics (IOQM).
IOQM Result 2021
|Exam conducted on||January 17, 2021|
|Score Card released on||February 09, 2021|
|Results/ Selection List for INMO||February 15, 2021 (released)|
|Cut Off Marks||February 15, 2021 (released)|
IOQM result is released in two ways; 1). the individual score card of the candidates and 2). a selection list of qualified candidates for the next round.
A press note by Mathematics Teachers’ Association contains the links for “List of students selected to write INMO 2021 through IOQM held on January 17, 2021” and “Region-wise Cut-off marks”.
Links to check results
- Check IOQM results- INMO selection list here (PDF)
- Region-wise cut off marks- check here
- IOQM provisional scores can be checked on https://meta-secure.com/IOQ21-displaymarks/.
IOQM Cut Off 2021
Cut off marks released for IOQM 2021- check below.
IOQM result i.e., the merit list of qualified candidates is prepared on the basis of cut off, which is further prepared by taking few factors into consideration such as ; number of candidates appeared for IOQM, average score in the exam, and the total candidates to be selected for the next round.
IOQM cut off 2021 is expected to be higher since the candidates of both cancelled exams PROM and RMO appeared for only one Olympiad. This factor alone will drive the cut off up and since the number of selected candidates will remain same as previous years.
The IOQM cut off is different for each state and is released accordingly.
Watch the Video to know the expected cutoff in 2021 courtesy of Reliable Institute Kota.
IOQM Merit List 2021
- IOQM is the first stage in the now 3-staged process for selecting India’s representation team in International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) and The European Girls’ Mathematical Olympiad (EGMO).
- The second stage will be INMO 2021.
- The students who will qualify the IOQM 2021 will go on the next round which will be Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO). The INMO 2021 is tentatively scheduled to be held on March 07, 2021.
- The third stage will be the International Mathematical Olympiad Training Camp (IMOTC).
- Both, INMO and IMOTC will be organised by the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) whereas IOQM is organised by Mathematics Teachers’ Association of India, MTA(I).
- Along with IAQM, Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Junior Sciences (IOQJS) was also held on January 17, 2021.
Qualification criteria from IOQM to INMO
As per official notice:
- Top 540 candidates in IOQM merit list will qualify for INMO. Of the total 540, 90 students will be selected from class 12 ,and 450 students will be selected from classes 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th.
- Minimum 30 from Class 11th or below category, 6 from class 12th category and 5 more girl students from each region will qualify for INMO provided they’ve obtained at least 5% of the total marks in IOQM.
- The top 300 students (class 11 or below category), and 60 from class 12 category from each region will be given certificates provided they’ve obtained at least 5% marks in IOQM paper. This is not a qualifying criteria.
How to check result and merit list:
- Go to official website www.mtai.org.in and click on “IOQM 2020-21”
- Or directly visit https://www.mtai.org.in/ioqm/
- Once there, click on the notice IOQM merit list to see the list of selected candidates by name or roll number
- Login using your IOQ registration number (for example- IOQ12345678ABC) and date of birth (DD/MM/YY) to see the individual score card
More Olympiad news here.