IGNOU assignment has been released for all registered students under current academic session. The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) released the assignment online on June 5, 2020 for the January and July sessions. The link to download IGNOU assignment is given below, including front page and the complete PDF. The students can Submit IGNOU assignment online at website- ignou.ac.in. Read below to know more about IGNOU assignment date, submission status, front page and direct link to download, and process to submit.
IGNOU assignment submission last date:
- For students registered under July 2020 admission cycle- October 31, 2020
- For students registered under January 2020 session- June 15, 2020
IGNOU Assignment Explained
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers undergraduate, post graduate, diploma, PG diploma and certificate courses through open distance learning mode. Analysis of a student’s performance in IGNOU is done in two parts:
- Continuous evaluation through assignments
- Term-end examination
All the registered students under either annual system or semester-based system are required to submit assignments. The assignments may consist of questions including descriptive category questions, middle category questions and short category questions.
The students are required to submit one assignment in each of the six theory courses.
Earlier, the students used to submit hard copy of assignments to their respective Study Center. All regional centers have made dedicated email ID for this purpose and students now need to submit their respective assignments through online mode within the stipulated time. Online assignment submission link is now active as the assignments were released on 5 June. Students can check their course-wise assignment and download them from IGNOU website.
- IGNOU Official Website – www.ignou.ac.in
- Direct Link for IGNOU Assignment – Click here
How to submit Assignment
Considering the current situation across the country, IGNOU is focusing on online mode of assignment submission. The students can now access their course-wise assignment from the official website. Here is a list of simple steps by which one can find the respective assignment:
- Open the IGNOU website www.ignou.ac.in.
- Click on Student Zone under Student Support menu.
- Now, find and click on ‘Assignments’ link provided in the page.
- Look for your respective course and open the assignment by clicking on the course.
The students are advised to read the detailed instructions carefully before attempting the project/assignment submission. The instructions are provided in the program guide.
IGNOU Assignment Submission Status Check Online
The students can check their IGNOU assignment submission status online now using the official portal at this link.
Visit the section titled “Assignment/Project/Practical Submission Status/Checking” and enter your enrollment number and programme code to check the status online.
Important points to keep in mind
- The students must mention Enrollment number, name, address, assignment code and study center code on the first page of assignment.
- Students must submit their assignment on or before the last date, the last date of the submission is given against each of the assignment.
- Retain a copy of assignment with you for future reference.
The assignments are thoroughly checked by respective examiners and the students are awarded marks.
The submission of assignment is vital for two main reasons- 1) You will be allowed to appear for Term-end exam only after submission of assignments; 2) Assignment marks are used for final result preparation.
The final result is prepared by giving 30 percent weightage to assignment of a course and 70 percent weightage to TEE exam.
Read more IGNOU news here.