ICMR Assistant result 2021: The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) Assistant exam 2020 was conducted on January 3rd, 2021 and its result is expected to be announced this week, any day. ICMR assistant result 2020 will be published in two ways; 1) the individual marks i.e., score card of the candidates and 2) a merit list of candidates who will be shortlisted for the next round in the selection phase which can be skill test or just document verification based on the candidate’s choice of posts while registering. The ICMR Assistant cut off marks expected for making it to the merit list is discussed below along with qualifying marks.
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) advertised a total of 80 vacancies for the post of Assistant (Group B, level-6) for recruitment to the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, as per the MoU between the two. The advertisement for this ICMR assistant recruitment 2020 was released on 7th November, 2020.
January 15, 2021 Update
- ICMR released a notice on Jan 15. After reviewing objections by the candidates, ICMR found that 3 questions had incorrect options.
- 03 bonus marks will be given to all candidates. Read notice here
- Result could be declared any day now. Direct link and updates will follow here.
- Result will be uploaded at www.icmr.nic.in and www.pgimer.edu.in.
ICMR Assistant Result 2021
In its official notification, Indian Council of Medical Research has noted that ” the result of the ICMR Assistant examination for short listing of the candidates will be uploaded within one week of the date of holding written examination”. Quite obviously since the exam was held on 3rd January, the ICMR Assistant result 2021 should have been announced on or before 10th January. But that did not happen. Further exact result date is not provided in the official notice.
The candidates may visit www.icmr.nic.in and www.pgimer.edu.in regularly to check the latest notices regarding the result declaration. A direct link to the result will be updated here after an official announcement.
ICMR Assistant cut off Marks
ICMR has stated that in order to be shortlisted for the next round, the candidates have to obtain the minimum qualifying marks.
The qualifying marks:
- For UR/OBC/EWS – 50% (40 marks)
- For SC/ST/PwBD – 40% (32 marks)
The exam consisted of 80 marks for the 80 MCQs asked in the paper. 0.25 mark(s) will be deducted for each wrong answer.
However, obtaining the qualifying marks is merely a compulsory feat as the actual selection will be done on the basis of the cut off marks.
Many factors decide what will be the ICMR Assistant cut off marks such as number of applicants, number of vacancies, and the average score.
Here is the expected cut off for ICMR Assistant exam 2020:
- General/OBC- 44+ marks
- SC/ST/PwD- 40+ marks
According to ICMR itself, a total of 49,585 candidates applied to appear for the Assistant recruitment examination against just 80 vacancies, which makes the competition all too fierce.
Merit list & selection criteria
Five-times of the advertised vacancies, which means just around 4,00 candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of performance in the written/CBT examination.
Here is the criteria for merit list preparation & selection as per the official notice:
- 80% weightage will be given to the ICMR assistant exam.
- 20% weightage will be given to the Skill Test where prescribed in the essential qualification.
- Candidates’ marks in the exam will be normalised using the prescribed formula.
- The normalised marks/score will be used to determine the final merit list and cut off marks.
- All short-listed candidates will have to go through document verification process.
- There will be no interviews for ICMR assistant exam as the post comes under Group B recruitment.
More result news here.