ICMR Assistant result 2021: The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) Assistant exam result and merit list has been released for the test conducted on January 3rd, 2021. ICMR assistant result 2020 is published in two ways; 1) the individual marks i.e., score card of the candidates and 2) a merit list of candidates who will be shortlisted for the next round in the selection phase which can be skill test or just document verification based on the candidate’s choice of posts while registering. The ICMR Assistant cut off marks expected for making it to the merit list is discussed below along with qualifying marks.
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) advertised a total of 80 vacancies for the post of Assistant (Group B, level-6) for recruitment to the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, as per the MoU between the two. The advertisement for this ICMR assistant recruitment 2020 was released on 7th November, 2020.
February 20, 2021 Update
- ICMR Assistant merit list 2021 i.e., list of candidates shortlisted to appear for the Skill Test has been released.
- Skill test selected list- Check Here
- Search your roll number according to the category in the PDF link given above.
- Result has been uploaded at www.icmr.nic.in and www.pgimer.edu.in.
ICMR Assistant Result 2021
In its official notification, Indian Council of Medical Research has noted that ” the result of the ICMR Assistant examination for short listing of the candidates will be uploaded within one week of the date of holding written examination”. However, the ICMR Assistant result 2021 was declared on February 01, 2021, nearly a month after the completion of exam.
The candidates may visit www.icmr.nic.in and www.pgimer.edu.in to check the latest notices regarding the result declaration. A direct link to the result is updated here after an official announcement.
As of now, PGIMER has released only released ICMR assistant score card of the candidates, the merit list will be updated soon.
PGIMER Assistant result- Check Here ICMR Assistant Result & Merit List- Check Here
ICMR Assistant cut off Marks
ICMR has stated that in order to be shortlisted for the next round, the candidates have to obtain the minimum qualifying marks.
The qualifying marks:
- For UR/OBC/EWS – 50% (40 marks)
- For SC/ST/PwBD – 40% (32 marks)
The exam consisted of 80 marks for the 80 MCQs asked in the paper. 0.25 mark(s) will be deducted for each wrong answer.
However, obtaining the qualifying marks is merely a compulsory feat as the actual selection will be done on the basis of the cut off marks.
Many factors decide what will be the ICMR Assistant cut off marks such as number of applicants, number of vacancies, and the average score.
Here is the expected cut off for ICMR Assistant exam 2021:
- General/OBC- 44+ marks
- SC/ST/PwD- 40+ marks
According to ICMR itself, a total of 36,205 candidates appeared, out of the total 49,585 candidates who had applied for the Assistant recruitment examination against just 80 vacancies, which makes the competition all too fierce.
Merit list & selection criteria
Five-times of the advertised vacancies, which means just around 4,00 candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of performance in the written/CBT examination.
Here is the criteria for merit list preparation & selection as per the official notice:
- 80% weightage will be given to the ICMR assistant exam.
- 20% weightage will be given to the Skill Test where prescribed in the essential qualification.
- Candidates’ marks in the exam will be normalised using the prescribed formula.
- The normalised marks/score will be used to determine the final merit list and cut off marks.
- All short-listed candidates will have to go through document verification process.
- There will be no interviews for ICMR assistant exam as the post comes under Group B recruitment.
More result news here.